Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 995 that stalled out, restarted,checked fuel fiter

Customer Question

I have a 995 that stalled out, restarted,checked fuel fiter and there was very little fuel in flter. what could cause this
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Typically the fuel filter will never be full of fuel, you should however be 3/4 full. If not then I would check to see if you have a fuel pump on your machine. If you do the fuel pump may be going bad, however fuel pumps normally either work or they don't. You may also have a fuel tank venting problem, to check this you can loosen or remove the fuel cap and see if the machine reacts any differently. You could have a fuel line between the tank and the filter that is collapsing internally which would restrict the fuel flow to the filter, or you could have a blockage inside the fuel tank that is not allowing fuel to flow from the tank as it should.