Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Need to know number Briggs 44K777-0400-E1 engine

Customer Question

Need to know carburetor number for 22hp Briggs 44K777-0400-E1 engine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

Give me one moment and I will get that number for you.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I need you to check the number again. The information that you have provided to not show up in a parts diagram.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled this right from Simplicity Regent Parts Diagram: Engine, 22Hp Briggs and Stratton Twin Intek Obsolete - Not Available
Part #: 44K777-0400-E1
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

The 0400-E1 is not a good type number for that model engine based on Briggs and Stratton parts look up.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Can you pull the model and type from your engine not just from the manual? It will be stamped into one of the valve covers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree, went to Briggs engine web page and was unable to find that number. I did find 44K77 but all had different type numbers. To pull from engine would have to be later tonight as I am now at work.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I have been to several different parts look up applications that I have access to being a Briggs dealer and nowhere do they have a reference for the model and type that you have provided. If you would like to double check that number and come back here I will help you to find the proper part number for your engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will check when I get home, I to have looked all over the internet and was unable to find that model. That's why I came here to see if anyone had information on this model.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Just let me know if I can be of any further assistance.