Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Cub Cadet LT148 cranks but will not move forward or

Customer Question

My Cub Cadet LT148 cranks but will not move forward or reverse.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

Can you provide more information from your machine? I am not able to find any reference to a LT148. Can you provide the model and serial number that is on the tag located on the frame of the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me a moment please....I am at work and my daughter is getting the info from the mower...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13AX11CH009 SN18143H10110
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

According to the information that you have provided, the machine will start and run but does not move forward or backward. Does the mower deck operate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand what you are asking. The blade dies engage...raises and lowers...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blade DOES engage
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the first thing that I would check is the drive belt that goes from the engine back to the transmission. It could be broken or off of an idler which would cause the machine to not move. Have you recently had to push the mower without starting and running it? If so, did you pull the hydro release lever and forget to push in back in. If this happens the machine will not move or will move really slow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only one belt. It is intact. The Transmission engage lever is in the correct position.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You have two belts on the machine, one that runs or turns the blades, the other is up higher that goes from the engine back to the transmission.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry...I am not at the machine...but my (adult) daughter only sees ONE belt.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

To see the second belt or drive belt you will have to look up under the frame of the machine just above the mower deck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not seem to be working. Let's just void this call and I will attempt again when I am at the machine.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Just maintain the information that you currently have and you can come back to this post and continue when you are ready or at the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will I get back to this post? I am on a PC at work....and it will close down when I leave. there is no account or password ***** sign in with again...
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Did you not provide an email address when submitting your question? If you did then you should receive an email that will allow you to come back to this post or question at a later time.