JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Looking numbercan't locate

Customer Question

Looking for part number(###) ###-####can't locate
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.

The part number you have indicated that you are looking for according to my Onan parts distributor is not a good part number. It is not even in the Onan parts database. Can you tell me what this part is supposed to be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an anti-flicker point set for old Onan MDJA genset s/n H790442928. See Page 17 of MDJAparts catalog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking at 5-79 (SPEC A-V) parts catalog it replaces 9-76 (Spec) A-T parts catalog for series MDJA marine electric generating sets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ref. No. 1 part No.(###) ###-####Point set, anti-flicker- key 1,2,4 to be specific.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

So, the number that you have just provided is not the same as the number that you were originally asking about. Is this a typo or numbers got transposed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry was transposed,(###) ###-####is the correct #. Thank you!
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

My onan parts distributor still tells me that this part number is ***** longer available. They were at least able to find it in the parts database. Upon doing a little more research I have found a couple of manufacturers that apparently supplied this part to onan that may be able to supply the part for you. I have attached a couple links to their websites.

http://www.parttarget.com/quote.html/-F31B9792-7AF3-4526-9107-C2307A4DBB57

http://www.ctg123.com/rapid-quote-system-request/?part=166-0316

I am sorry that I can't be of more assistance to but hopefully one of the two links that I have provided will get you the part.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.