JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I'm trying to replace the string on an older toro wacker.

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the string on an older toro weed wacker. The only number I can find on it is series 272604. It doesn't have the two tabs the newer ones have. The top cap has a nut down in a nut shaped hole. Can figure out how to open it up.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to bed now. I'll check my email tomorrow.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

Is this an electric or gas powered machine?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide a picture of the head? The number you have provided doesn't help me for finding any information about the machine. Based on your description I believe that the nut you are seeing will actually turn or unscrew off of there and then you can access the spool that holds the line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I send the pictures? You have so many pop up I can't get anything done here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You ought to get some off the street and run a text problem and see how ballicks this site is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hell I'm not 10% satisfied.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have had issues with this. I was able to look at the pictures that you provided. Thank you for doing this.

The red knob on the bottom has a bolt that goes through it and threads into the end a shaft that holds the head. This knob or bolt is left hand thread so in order to get it off you will turn it to the right if you are looking at the bottom of the head.

AGAIN THIS RED KNOB IS LEFT HAND THREAD SO YOU WILL TURN IT TO THE RIGHT IN ORDER TO REMOVE IT IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HEAD.

I apologize for the issues you have had with the site. I hope that this information helps you.

You will be given an opportunity to rate your experience.