Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a 25cd gas powered snapper weedeaters...its new(3

Customer Question

i have a 25cd gas powered snapper weedeaters...its new(3 months) and works great but all of the sudden the kill switch wont shut off the unit. do you think there is just dirt in the switch so it cant ground ??
I also have an old Ryobi that also runs great and I recently replaced all the fuel lines as they were all old and cracking...all is good with one exception...the primer line just press fits thru a hole into the plastic fuel tank. the ethanol keeps shrinking that line so fuel leaks...should i try a thicker walled fuel line or is there something i can seal around the line that is fuel resistant
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. for the ryobi yes you need a thicker walled fuel line , you shouldn't be able to just put it in the hole , most of the time you have to cut the line to a point and really work it in . On the weedeater it could be the blade connection to where the kill switch hooks up , or its not making contact inside the switch . Try blowing the switch out with compressed air first