Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, I have a 2005 dixon ram44 ztr mower that had a bad

Customer Question

Curtis,
I have a 2005 dixon ram44 ztr mower that had a bad Kohler engine. I replaced it with an old L-head 16 hp B&S engine. According to the wiring diagram i found it shows the yellow wire from the brake switch to go to the small tab on the battery side of the solenoid. It also shows a red wire from one side of the circuit breaker to go to the battery terminal of the solenoid. This wire is actually 2 wires and the other it just shows it to go to the engine. To What ??? Also it shows a 2 wire clip of 1 green and 1 red/white to go to the engine. Again WHERE ??? Another BIG problem is where does the black (shut down wire) from the coil attach to. I have already fried one coil and do not plan to fry another. Got any ideas ?
Thanks in advance , Bill
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Black wire should go direct to the kill switch terminal on the keyswitch, See download link, starting with page 20.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www4.briggsandstratton.com/miscpdfs/RNT/alternator_replacement.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Phone call won;t help! Did you download the Briggs manual?