Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My pyt 9000 runs minutes then quits like it is running out

Customer Question

my pyt 9000 runs for few minutes then quits like it is running out of fuel. replaced fuel filter, air cleaner, spark plugs but this did not remedy the situation.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Does it quit? What engine is this? Is it losing power or shutting off? If it shuts off, the fuel solenoid in the carburetor may be dropping out, shutting off the main jet in the carburetor. When engine is cold, turn key on and off listening fro the click from the fuel solenoid. Then when engine dies, turn key on and off , listening for the click. No click, no fuel.