Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Echo PB-755T Blower. Purchased it used, rebuilt

Customer Question

I have an Echo PB-755T Blower. Purchased it used, rebuilt the carburetor and it has run very well for over two years. Used it this spring, it ran well, and about a week later it didn't run and it had no spark. Disconnected the stop circuit, put a small screwdriver into the high voltage spark plug, held onto the screwdriver and pulled the starter - NO spark. Purchased a replacement coil, set flywheel to coil gap to 0.005" and there is no spark. Finger on the end of the high voltage wire - nothing. Touching the magnet on the flywheel with a screwdriver the magnet seems quite strong. Do I buy a second new coil? or is there a way to test the coil to determine if it is ok?
It would seem that if the flywheel key was broken the timing would be off but there still should be a spark. I don't believe it to be the stop circuit as it is disconnected. Thank you for any suggestions. John T.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

The first thing that I noticed in your information says that you set the gap at .005 this may be your problem. Try resetting the gap to .010 inches and see if that doesn't take care of your problem. If these coils are set too close or to wide they will not work properly. The normal gap setting is .010 inches.

It also sounds like you have the ground wire unhooked so that if there were a switch or wiring issue you have that eliminated. I believe if you will set the coil to the proper gap the machine will work. If not then I would return the coil to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement, there is no good way of testing these coils.