Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troy-bilt sickle bar mower that stalls immediately

Customer Question

I have a troy-bilt sickle bar mower that stalls immediately whenever the blades are engaged. This is a new problem. It is an old machine, maybe 20 years. It's a model 34064. What might be the problem? Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With engine off and blade not engaged, can you turn the drive pulley for the blade and it turns freely and is not locked up? If not a blade problem, I would suspect the needle valve is not letting enough fuel into the bowl . Check the fuel passage through the needle valve seat. The rubber seat can swell and restrict the fuel flow.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find problem with fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an electrical problem. I found a wire that should be securely attached at the front of the engine of the sickle bar mower, that leads back to the rear of the machine to a sensor that recognizes when the blades have been engaged. I just tightened the screw that secures the wire in place. Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good job!