Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How to attach clutch cable to rear tine tiller. cable seems

Customer Question

how to attach clutch cable to rear tine tiller. cable seems too long. it is the correct cable. cable clips do not seem to keep inside cable wire tight enough to engage tines
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

When you purchased the cable you received part number 159231 is this correct?

If this is true, then where the cable attaches onto the tine case there is a cable clamp that holds the cable in place, it sounds like you need to release the clamp slide the out casing of the cable upward or backward toward the rear of the machine just a little bit and tighten the clamp back in place. If your first attempt doesn't do it then try to adjust again doing the same thing, this is where you would get the proper tension on the cable to make it work.

Let me know if this works for you.