Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 20012 polaris ranger that over heats,I have changed

Customer Question

I have a 20012 polaris ranger that over heats,I have changed thermostats ,altough it worked for a week ,we are back to the same problem,Fan works,no mud or deberies,It is clean.New polaris coolent. I have found that their is a problem on the 2012 ranger water pump impeller and shaft.What do you think?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I would check for air, be it as it is that you went for a week, there could have been an air pocket/bubble, from there I would inspect the water pump and impeller for damage, also check compression and preform an engine block test which uses a chemical on cooling system to check for exhaust indicating head gasket possibility.
It would help me to also know what conditions are during the problem for it to occur.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.