Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

There is not enough power to the front wheels of my Poulan

Customer Question

There is not enough power to the front wheels of my Poulan PR600Y22SHP to propel the mower. Could it be the little gear box "differential" that is not transferring power to the wheels? The belt is a couple of years old. I think it needs a "rider" pulley to keep tension on the belt. I have used belt dressing.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
While it could be the gearbox. I would take the wheels off and look closely at the gears or drive teeth on the inside of the wheels, these teeth or gears have a tendency to strip off over a period of time which can cause the wheels to not turn when the self propel is engaged.