Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Just picked up a used Husqvarna with a 15hp Kawasaki, real

Customer Question

just picked up a used Husqvarna with a 15hp Kawasaki, real clean. All works fine but it surges up and down at idle, or even throttled up it surges up and down. Engage the drive off and it si smooth, or engage the mower deck and it smoothes out as well. I'd like it to just sit and idle without the surging, any thoughts? What to check? Thanks *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. There is a few things that can cause a engine to hunt . It can be a worn spring from the govenor to the carburetor , it could also be the low speed jet in the carburetor is dirty as well and may need to be sprayed out with a carburetor cleaner such as Gumout carburetor cleaner.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
It's a common problem when a carburetor gets the tiniest dirt or debris in it that they surge , try removing the air filter with it running only while it's sitting and running and see if that clears it up , if so you could have a dirty air filter as in it can't breathe as good as it should , but all signs point to the carburetor needing to be removed and cleaned