Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I tried but lost the message. My Simplicity Citation and replaced

Customer Question

I tried but lost the message. My Simplicity Citation and replaced a seal on the right motor located below the cooling fan. When I started it up I didn't have any movement. I called a local Dealer and told me to bleed the system. I have tried everything I know and after 2 days of checking and doing everyway I know of getting the air out but no luck. I than change all the hydralic oil using 15w50 and a factory filter. I removed the tank-OK, return hoses-OK, and I still have no idea what has happened. I need to mow the lawn but it will have to work out later. Any help would be super. I will look for a reply tomorrow morning.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
When you replaced the seal, did you remove the shaft from the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it was in good,condition and the oil was coming up the shaft past the deal lip. I would loved to have I new square o ring but motion Industries had to order it. I do not see any leaks now.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The reason I was asking about removing the shaft is that if you removed the shaft it is possible when you reinstalled it that it did not get locked into the rotor properly when you put it back in. This would cause the machine to not operate. If you did not remove the shaft then this should not be a problem. It sounds like you need to purge the air from the transmission.If you will remove the vent hose from the top rear of the transmission, jack the rear wheels up off the ground or floor, start the machine and operate the drive control levers both forward and backwards for a little bit it should purge itself. Make sure that you have the transmission filled with fluid or oil before doing this.