Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 757 john deere 0 turn, It has loss of power to

Customer Question

i have a 757 john deere 0 turn, It has loss of power to the point when engaging the mower blades it dies out, it also backfires some, I have changed the spark plugs and adjusted gap, adjusted gap on coils, checked fuel flow to carb. , checked floats in carb and all ok
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
What engine do you have in this machine? Can you provide the model and serial number from the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is kawasaki 25 hp the mower is product # ***** john deere
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the machine is only running on one cylinder.I would check to see if the push rods have come loose on either cylinder, this happens a lot. Also if you have a bent push rod look real close at the valve guides to be sure that one of the guides haven't slipped in the head. If you have a guide that has slipped then you will need to replace the head, there is no fixing a slipped guide.It is easy to inspect the push rods, all you need to do is remove the valve covers on each cylinder.