Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Onan 7500 HGKAJ. I boondock a lot and

Customer Question

I have a Onan 7500 HGKAJ. I boondock a lot and a couple weeks ago, I shut the Gen off and it delayed shutting it self off. It went down in RPM and sputtered. It took maybe 20 to 30 sec's to shut down. It has ben doing the same thing everytime I shut down. Yesterday it would not shut off at all.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gen set shuts down when I drive the rig. So I started up the rig and drove a couple miles and it shuts off. I know that's a different issue. But that is how I got it to shut down.Also both switches, on the Genset and inside have indicator light that have been out for a couple years now. I could start and stop from both and hear fault codes.