JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Ariens 42" 19 HP Mower - Model 936038 Runs fine, but engine

Customer Question

Ariens 42" 19 HP Mower - Model 936038
Runs fine, but engine dies when clutch is released or mower blades engaged
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You need to check the safety switch that is in the seat. It is not recognizing that you are in the seat therefore when you try to do either of those two things it will kill the engine.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I would normally tell you to unplug the seat switch and jumper the connector to test it but this switch has four wires going into it and it is much harder to get a good test on it.My recommendation is to make sure that you are in the seat good, be sure that the seat switch have not come loose from the bottom of the seat. If you see no problems there, then I would replace the seat switch. Ariens part number 21546298 with a cost of approximately $12.87 depending on dealers in your area.Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.