JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Polan pro 42cc 18inch bar when I prime it and on full

Customer Question

I have a Polan pro 42cc 18inch bar when I prime it and on full choke it runs about 10seconds then quits
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Based on the information that you have provided. The first thing that I would check is to make sure that the carburetor mounting flange is tight, in order to do this you will need to remove the top cover from the saw. If the carburetor is tight and the mounting flange is tight then i would check the fuel lines to make sure that they are not broken off down inside the fuel tank. Then as a last resort if you find no other problems I would adjust the high side adjusting screw by turning it out an 1/8 of a turn and see if that doesn't take care of your problem. Be sure though to do the other two checks prior to adjusting the carburetor.Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Please take a moment to rate your experience.