Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

MY LAWN MOWER ENGINE WILL NOT KEEP GOING. I HAVE REBUILT THE

Customer Question

MY LAWN MOWER ENGINE WILL NOT KEEP GOING. I HAVE REBUILT THE CARB, INSTALLED ALL NEW GASKETS, PUT IN A NEW PRIMER ASSY, CHANGED THE GAS AND TOOK IT TO CHURCH WITH ME LAST SUNDAY. IT STILL DOES NOT KEEP RUNNING UNLESS I HOLD THE PRIMER BUTTON IN. ANY IDEAS ???THANKS, ***** ***** AT***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Did taking it to church do any good?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
When you cleaned the carburetor did you clean the main jets that are located in the bowl nut? There are three holes in the bolt or bowl nut that holds the carburetor bowl on, if these holes are not clean then it can cause you to not get fuel therefore the unit will not run. By pushing the primer in you are bypassing the main jets.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?