JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

While spraying my exmark quest off, the engine died. I think

Customer Question

while spraying my exmark quest off, the engine died. I think I may have gotten water in the carb. I'm no mechanic. what should I do? Thx
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It is doubtful that you would get water into the carburetor just from spraying it off. The carburetor area is sealed really well therefore it is really difficult to get water into it just from spraying or washing the machine.Most likely you have gotten the ignition wet, plug wires, plugs and it is not firing. Give the machine a little while to dry off and it will restart. If you can't wait for it to dry then you can try blowing it off with air either from an air compressor or your leaf blower if you have either one.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?