Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1998 WESTERN 6 PASSENGER GOLF CART AND I KEEP BURNING

Customer Question

I have a 1998 WESTERN 6 PASSENGER GOLF CART AND I KEEP BURNING OUT MICRO SWITCH IN PEDAL BOX. 48 volts down there
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Micro switch is used to close the solenoid. It should only take small amount of amperage to close the solenoid. You either can replace the solenoid , which should take less amperage to close the new one, or a a relay, so the relay closes the solenoid and all the pedal switch has to do is close the small relay.The existing switch burns out because of the amperage running through it!