JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Kohler Marine Generator Model 4cz23 which I have not

Customer Question

I have a Kohler Marine Generator Model 4cz23 which I have not tried to start it, and do not know if it will in fact run. I removed it from a Larson power boat which I purchased but never used it. my question is, is it worth anything?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It could be to the right person. I just took a look on Ebay to see what was there, I don't see any complete units there but it look like someone or several people are parting some of these models out. I just did a quick figure on some of the parts that I was seeing there, flywheel, ignition, alternator bracket. I counted up 600.00 real quick in just a few parts. Obviously that means you would have to strip it apart which takes time and then deal with listing and shipping the parts.If you knew that the machine was starting and running you could probably get decent money out of it. I just did a quick search on the internet outside of Ebay and found a couple that guys are trying to $2500.00 each for.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience