JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have an onan 5500 generator and it was workinf perfectly until out of knowhere it

Customer Question

hello
I have an onan 5500 generator and it was workinf perfectly until out of knowhere it just quit. the problem is the carburater is getting to much fuel it just poors out of it as i try and start it.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello i paid my $18 and lost my signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was speaking with Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me why as soon as I paid my money i have lost all connection
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the float or float valve is stuck which is allowing fuel to flow through the carburetor when it should not be.You will need to remove the carburetor, cleaned and probably rebuild it with a new repair kit.I believe that this will take care of your fuel problem.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience