Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

2 of my wires pulled out of the pto im pretty sure its the

Customer Question

2 of my wires pulled out of the pto im pretty sure its the black ones so theirs 3 wires and only 2 terminals they go into one wire is still hooked up
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I need to know is which wire goes where in the terminal plug that plugs into the top of the clutch ,, their is 3 wires and only 2 terminals,,, I think 2 are blk and one is blue but I dont know
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Service manual shows black and yellow. The blacks go together. Yellow is power from pto switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANY IDEA WHY IT KEPS PULLING OUT THE WIRES FROM JUST GOING ALONG MOWING THE PTO JUST QUITS AND THE WIRE ARE OUT I HAVE REPAIRED IT BEFORE IS THE CLUTCH TWISTING SOMEHOW THANK YOU
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SEAMS LIKE BEFORE THEIR WAS ONLY ONE WIRE OUT AND IT WAS BLACK ALL BY ITSELF DOES ALL 3 WIRES GO INTO THIS TERMINAL 2 BLKS TOGETHER IN ONE TERMINAL AND THE YELLOW IN THE OTHER OR DOES THE OTHER BLK GO SOMEPLACE ELSE TY
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Clutch has to have anti-rotation device on it to keep it from rotating with crankshaft! It can be a bracket, or just a pin into the frame, that keeps the clutch top part rigid. Blacks go into one side, the other wire in the other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANK YOU SO MUCH ILL GO TRY IT AGAIN HAVE A GREAT DAY ,,,, CAN i CALL YOU OR CHAT DIRECTALLY IF i HAVE MORE PROBLEMS
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** to close the question.