Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My DZ326 mower on the right side drive jerks in both forward

Customer Question

My DZ326 mower on the right side drive jerks in both forward and reverse and sometimes does not move at all. It just started doing this yesterday. I stopped and checked the fluid level and it is fine. It only has 441 hours and until yesterday I had no problems. Thanks for any support.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Check the condition of your drive belt. If your belt is worn, loose, or slipping, this can affect the performance of your drive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tonight I did check the belt and drive, all look good and were tight. Sorry I forgot to say that. Also the left side is fine it is only the right. I also noticed that there are 2 filters on the system. One under the mower and one under the seat.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Did this problem occur suddenly, or gradually, over a period of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Suddenly
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Can you double check your belt, just to be sure. Also, check to see if your brake is partially sticking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check tomorrow (it is 11:56pm now). I will follow tomorrow evening with I get in from work. But with only one belt would it not also effect the left side?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
A slightly slipping belt can affect only one side. This is a part of a process of elimination. We can continue from here tomorrow.