JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

24 .0 hp 46" mower..model 917.28828 engine starts..blade

Customer Question

24 .0 hp 46" mower..model 917.28828
engine starts..blade spins..no reverse , no forward...new belt replace in correct order transmission attachment engaged...next step please
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
What happened to make you replace the belt? Did you use an original equipment belt or an aftermarket belt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
belt from Napa auto , per sears rep....worn out belt...the tractor would work for a little while , than stop moving
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I would look at the belt first. Sometimes these aftermarket belts like the one from Napa that you have don't work or hold up well on lawn equipment, they just aren't made out of the same material. Most aftermarket belts are made of basic rubber, the original equipment is traditionally made with kevlar cording which is just a much better more durable product. You can check the tension on the belt to make sure that you didn't have something slip or come loose. Also make sure that the belt is still on all the pulleys properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will order a replacement and try it on..thanks
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I hope that this does it for you. I believe that it will especially since you said that it worked for about ten minutes and quit. Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?