JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Rick, my 825r will start and run idle but wont accelereate, should there be an air fil

Customer Question

hi Rick,
my 825r will start and run idle but wont accelereate, should there be an air filter in side the choke cover and without nthis filoter would it be getting too much air
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there should be an air filter inside the cover. However with no filter there is will not cause any running issues other than you can suck dust and dirt into the engine and damage the engine, it will not cause any other issues.Can you describe for me a little bit more in detail about what happens when you try to accelerate. Does the machine die? Does it just not respond when throttle is moved?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you may need to make a slight adjustment on the carburetor. Open the high side adjustment screw just a little bit. It won't take maybe an 1/8 of a turn.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.
Thank you for choosing justanswer.com
Please take a moment to rate your experience