JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a RZT 50 cub cadet, The Hydrostatic belt popped off

Customer Question

I have a RZT 50 cub cadet, The Hydrostatic belt popped off just a few minutes ago. Can I reinstall the belt without pulling it apart? The belt isn't broken , in fact it's new and my cousin put it on recently. Can i just put it back on the pulleys without disessembling the deck and so forth ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can reinstall it without taking anything apart as long as the belt is still in good condition.Start by putting the belt around the hydro pump pulleys, loop it past the idler pulley and around the engine pulley. You can get it started around the engine pulley then turn the pulley or crankshaft on the engine and it will roll the belt right into place.You should not have any problem doing this at all. You will have to get under the rear of the machine to do this.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thank you for choosing justanswer.