JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have snapper sr 1030 model #301016BE. I replaced rubber drive

Customer Question

i have snapper sr 1030 model #301016BE. I replaced rubber drive wheel, thrust washer and clutch spring. With the clutch depressed, I start the engine, as soon I start to let out on the clutch the engine starts to die, push in on the clutch and it runs. Is there a safety
switch connected to the clutch? As long as the clutch is depressed it runs. The second I start releasing pressure on the clutch it starts to die. Safety switch ? Where?
Thanks
Johnny
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a safety switch on the clutch. The clutch has to be depressed in order for the machine to start. There is also a safety switch on the seat that is most likely giving you problems. Are you sitting in the seat or at least holding pressure on the back of the seat when you release out on the clutch pedal?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I would check the seat switch, I believe that this is where your problem is going to be.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Thank you for choosing justanswer.