Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When my Honda EU2000i generator is in eco throttle mode it

Customer Question

When my Honda EU2000i generator is in eco throttle mode it runs rough. I have cleaned the carburetor, fuel filter and spark arrestor, no improvement. Could it be the electric motor on the top of the carburetor?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  gofastdk replied 1 year ago.
Hello, When you say rough can you be more specific, like spitting and sputtering or engine hunting up and down, like it goes to stall and then recovers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hunting up and down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this happens only in eco throttle, otherwise it runs great
Expert:  gofastdk replied 1 year ago.
The problem is in the carburetor then. The low speed jet in carburetor is blocked, so when it tries to idle the low speed circuit in the carburetor can not supply enough fuel so it goes to die but when starts to stall it finds just enough fuel to recover and starts that cycle. When the echo throttle is off it is mainly pulling fuel thru the high speed circuit. If you put a heavy load on with eco throttle off, you would notice a slight decrease in power.
Expert:  gofastdk replied 1 year ago.
The carburetor needs pulled off and attempt to clean. If cleaning don't work then it needs a new carburetor.