Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

Let's give this a try. I'll tell you my problem and see if you can help. I hav

Customer Question

Let's give this a try. I'll tell you my problem and see if you can help.
I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent. Everything was OK until I tried to add a small horn.
The car has an add on light kit for headlights and tail lights. The wire kit for these is rather involved and has a lot of extra wires for other things. I found a pair of wires the gave me 12 volts and hooked the horn button and horn to them and everything was OK. The horn is only 1.5 amps.
Put the dash panel back on and checked things out and found that the lights did not work!. Took the dash panel back off and found that the connections to the light switch had been inadvertently pulled loose. Right there was a pair of wires with spade connectors and I plugged them into the light switch. Nothing worked after that!! It turns out that the pair of wires I hooked up were part of the original wiring harness. This was a bad mistake. The headlight wiring harness has the proper 2 wires, I just did not see them in time to preven
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will try to help you with this Did you check all the fuses,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes--there were 3 fuses; a automotive spade type 10 amp, a round "little fuse" 10 amps, and a round "little fuse" .5 amp (in the motor control compartment). All were OK.What happened to the second half of my description above where I had already described checking fuses and other stuff?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay, Site issues All do respect, I read your question 3 times, I don;t see fuse mentioned but you checked it , so start from where the wire harness for lights at battery source, and check back, I believe it has a fuse able link in it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evidently your system must cut off after a predetermined number of get. I will try again to finish the description of my problem.
This is an electric2011 Club Car precedent. Is an engine builder likely to have experience with this particular machine??
I checked the 3 fuses that were visible. All OK. I went through the procedure to reset the OBC several times--no luck--I did not get the buzzer sound. There is no 12 vdc at all. Cart will not go at all. Battery voltage is 50 vdc so batteries have a good charge in them.
Can you describe more thoroughly where the fusible link is. most of the wires are in covered black vinyl bundles.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that Yes I work on small engines also, and golf carts gas and electric, do you have any voltage going to the solenoids , or are they dead also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other way to check voltage across the solenoid(identified as"main contractor" other than having to jack the cart up and get under it to access the plastic cover for the motor control? My suspicion is that the OBC may have been damaged when I mistakenly connected the two wires described above to the light switch which amounted to a dead short. After that nothing worked.
Is there a series of things to check to ascertain the condition of the OBC?
Regards
Ned
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Just back from dentist
That is way I was asking about the solenoids,, if no 12v,
the PC board blew out, you might be able to see a burn mark on the back of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne--I'm not getting anywhere with this. I just am not able to get the cart jacked up to access the solenoid compartment so I believe I will put the cart on the truck and take it to the dealer. thanks for your effort.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
OK,sorry i could not help Wayne