Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My onan generator quit working last year and a figured out

Customer Question

My onan generator quit working last year and a figured out it was the fuel pump. I put a new fuel pump on the unit and ran fine for a couple of hours. It won't start now and it's doing the same thing, not sucking gas from the tank. If I put gas in the carb manually it fires right up and runs till the carb bowl is empty. I just bought another pump and it still won't suck fuel. The fuel line isn't leaking from the tank so I'm at a loss here.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You most likely have something inside the tank blocking the outlet so that fuel can't flow out of it. Have you tried taking the fuel line off at the tank? Do you get fuel flowing out of the tank when you remove the fuel line?