Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Does not steer going up a incline one way

Customer Question

does not steer going up a incline one way
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You have indicated that you are looking for motors, the engine would have nothing to do with the steering. What kind of machine, brand, model are we working with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
snapper 0 turn 48" cut
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Does your machine have a joystick or is it two lever control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I can give you a call now if you would like. I would need your phone number. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so far I have not gotten any info. All I got was a response for more money, and I will refuse to pay this bill becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
If you have a joystick control, you could have a cable that is broken or out of adjustment. If you have a two lever control then you most likely have a bad hydro pump or at least it is weak so that you can't drive it uphill straight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the belt be bad?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Typically you have one belt that runs from the engine around both hydro pulleys, therefore it is not likely because if the belt was bad you would not be able to move at all. There is always the possibility that this machine could have two separate drive belts, so it might be worth looking at.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do you add fluid, or is it sealed?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The majority of these system are sealed, the only time you would need to do anything as far as adding fluid is if you develop a leak and have to tear the pump apart. These pumps are designed for 1000 hour run times which for most homeowners is 20 years.