Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I backed my truck into the brake pedal of my John Deere Lawn

Customer Question

I backed my truck into the brake pedal of my John Deere Lawn Tractor now it won't start.
I was going very slow at the time watching out the other window for a vehicle in the driveway. I know the brake pedal must be depressed when I try to start the tractor but when I depress the brake pedal, put then choke on , and turn the key nothing happens. It worked fine 10 minutes prior to my bonehead move. Could it be the brake pedal li9nkage?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It could be that you shifted or pushed the brake shaft over to a point that it is not contacting the safety switch that is located on that brake/clutch assembly. I would definitely check to see if that is the issue. Most likely that is what you are going to find wrong if the machine was working fine ten minutes prior.