JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I replaced a leaking head gasket on my CV20 and need to set

Customer Question

I replaced a leaking head gasket on my CV20 and need to set the pushrods & valves. Unlike a lot of other setups which have a rocker screw with a set screw, these have just a screw, no set screw. The service manual says to torque the screw to 100 in. lb. I did this. There is also a note to rotate the crank to check for free operation and check clearance at full lift. Minimum clear should be 0.25 mm. Not getting this clearance following these instructions. Actually, getting no clearance. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You do not have any problems. The Kohler Command CV20 engine has hydraulic valve lifters therefore there are no valve adjustments or clearances to set. You install the push rods, rocker arms and bolts, torque the rocker arm bolts to 100 in. lbs. and you are set to put the valve covers back on and start you machine. Thanks