Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Generac 04390-1 Will not start. Starter will kick on short time (1/4 second or so)

Customer Question

Generac 04390-1
Will not start. Starter will kick on for a short time (1/4 second or so) then kick out. Holding down manual switch will cause this to cycle every couple seconds. Not enough time for engine to turn over one time.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. What is the serial number of the genset?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In checking the control panel I found a wire going to the starter relay to be corroded and almost completely off. Repaired and generator is working properly.
Thanks for your time and trouble. Re-assuring to know where to go for expert advice.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
OK.