Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Sport ZTR and the blades will not engage.

Customer Question

I have a Hustler Sport ZTR and the blades will not engage. How can I test the PTO switch and how do I know if the problem is the switch or the clutch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Find the connector where the electric clutch plugs into the main wiring harness, at this connector test for voltage on one of the two wires in the connector. You should get voltage on one of the two when the PTO switch is turned on, if not then i would suggest replacing the PTO switch and retest. It could be a safety switch issue but not likely, you may want to eliminate the seat switch by testing it as well this is the only safety on the ztr that would affect your PTO operation. If you have voltage on at least one of the two wires in the connector at the electric clutch then you electric clutch is most likely bad and would need to be replaced. Thanks