Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have craftsman lawn tractor DGS 6500 model ####-##-####and

Customer Question

I have craftsman lawn tractor DGS 6500 model ####-##-####and had to replace the old spark modules with the new MDI ignition module conversion kit. This seemed not to be that difficult to do by looking at the instructions sent with the new modules. I changed them following the directions and adding the new white kill wire. Now my tractor wont start or fire at all when turning over. I know the fuel pump is working but it doesn't seem to have any fire at all. I really need my tractor I use it for everything around my property.Can you help me with some ideas.
Thanks, Jeff
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
So you installed the new MDI modules and still have no spark. Make sure that you did not mount the modules upside down, this is the first thing that i would look at. If that all looks good then i would start going backwards through the wiring to see if you might have a wire shorted or grounded out that is keeping it from firing. Are you sure that you have no fire? How are you checking the spark or fire?