Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a John Deere f935 w/72" deck. Replaced the electric

Customer Question

I have a John Deere f935 w/72" deck. Replaced the electric PTO, replaced a couple of the pulleys in the deck, and now when I engage the PTO, there is loss of power at 1st, then the blades go, but when I get to high grass there is a loss of power again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Does it sound like the engine is losing power or is it the deck not spinning as fast as it should. Are you certain that the key was installed in the electric clutch when you replaced it. If the key is not there this could be your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Key was installed, engine loses power.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
What engine do you have? It is possible that you may only be running on one cylinder if you have a twin cylinder engine. This would explain the loss of power at initial blade engage and when under load mowing high grass.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel. Tonight I am going to stop at the John Deere dealer and get an air filter and a fuel filter and see if that helps.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Knowing that you have a diesel, i would make sure that you don't have air in the fuel line. If you get air in the line this could be the problem, you aren't getting a really good fuel supply so it is causing you problems. If you install a new fuel filter keep in mind that any air getting into the line can cause you problems, you will need to bleed the line good after installing the new fuel filter. Thanks