Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I started the pressure washer, pressed the lever on the wand

Customer Question

I started the pressure washer, pressed the lever on the wand and had pressure, after releasing the lever and then pressing it again - no pressure. I inquired at at a shop and they recommended cleaning the check valves and lubing them.
I started the pressure washer, had pressure, it would oscillate with full pressure for about 3-4 seconds and have no pressure for 3-4 seconds.
Should I take the assembly a part again and clean the pressure vales again?
Thanks for any help you can give me. Bill
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Most likely the check valves are not your problem. Traditionally when this problem occurs it is due to the unloader valve on the pump. If it can be removed you can try cleaning it and reinstalling to see if that solves your problem. If this does not solve the problem then i would recommend replacing the unloader valve if you can get one. Some manufacturers do not offer the unloader valve as a replacement part at which point you would have to replace the pump in order to fix your problem.