Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Is there a way to remove the seat safety switch on a riding

Customer Question

Is there a way to remove the seat safety switch on a riding mower. Every time I shift my weight for the hills in my yard the mower wants to stop running because of the seat. Any suggestions.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** is very difficult to eliminate safety features on mowers these days, due to new safety standards, and requirements. Especially on hills, and due to the fact, you have to shift your weight, it is best to have these features in place, in the event of an accident, while mowing your hills. Your mower is temporarily shutting off, because your safety system is sensing movement, in your seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you are saying there is NO way to by pass this system.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of a way to bypass the system.