Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Toro LX 427 won't start

Customer Question

My Toro LX 427 won't start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
According to your information the machine is not making any kind of noise at all, no clicks, buzz or anything. I would be looking for something within the safety system on the machine assuming that your battery is good. Have you had your battery load tested? I would check the deck engage lever(make sure that it is disengaged), make sure that you are depressing the clutch/brake pedal when trying to start, some machines require that you be in the seat in order to start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning...The battery was tested and it's fine. We are seated when we try to start it. What and where is the deck engage lever. We are depressing the clutch ...we have been using the tractor for several years and it just stopped yesterday ...it was running 5 minutes earlier fine. It also won't allow us to push it out of where it is stuck like it has in the past. the lever in the back to do so will not pull out. I think it could be called the blade level the piece in the back. Could it be a spark plug or the starter switch .... It won't move at all so I cannstart it or push it out to bring it somewhere to get help.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The deck engage lever or PTO switch that i was referring to would be the lever or switch that you use to turn the deck on or engage the blades(just make sure that it is turned off). To be running five minutes earlier and now not start this has to be a very simple problem. The lever in the back is the hydro release valve which when pulled out will open a bypass valve in the hydro transmission and allow you to push the machine relatively easy when it is not running. There is a possibility that the brake could be depress or stuck so that the brake is not releasing which would cause you to not be able to push the machine.