Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

Honda G c136 engine On a water pump runs awhile dies let it

Customer Question

Honda G
c136 engine On a water pump runs awhile dies let it set a few minutes it will start back up.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
When the engine dies you should take the spark plug out and hold it up against the cylinder head to test the spark. If you have no spark, then the problem is that the ignition coil has gone bad and is shorting out when it gets hot. If you have spark immediately after it dies then the problem is most likely the carburetor that is not giving it enough fuel and needs to be cleaned and rebuilt. ALso make sure that you are using at least 89 octane gas as regular 87 octane gas will cause a vapor-lock in some engines.Please give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.Feel free to contact me here again if you need more information,