Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** ***** I'm having is with a

Customer Question

my name is John.
The problem I'm having is with a hydro Tranny out of a white LT 1650. I'm building a replica C cab Ford delivery wagon and
have used the parts from the lawn tractor. Just got it running with all the modifications needed to fit the project.
The problem is that when I move the Hydro control in either forward or reverse it has very little movement and won't
go up a slight incline. I found your advice to another persons problem from 3 yrs ago. I've gotten the fill plug off and
the fluid was low. Filled it and only very slight improvement. I can get it to move if I hold the control at the very
begining of either forward or reverse, however if I go beyond that point, it doesn't move. Seems to go faster in reverse.
I've tried to purge the air,but the fluid level isn't any lower. It also "chatters" (sort of vibrates) when holding the
control lever in that position. The whole tractor had been sitting for the past 7/8 yrs.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello John. My name is***** you are still needing assistance, I will be happy to assist you. I do apologize for you having to wait. We can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I outlined my problem in the original contact, Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem may be?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response. Your transaxle is a Hydro-Gear brand. Is your belt as tight as it needs to be?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
What type of oil did you add to your transaxle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used 20 w 50 and I found the belt a little loose tonite. Will the belt a little loose cause the problem, pulley on the tranny was turning.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You are using the correct oil. If your drive belt is slipping, the performance of your transmission will be noticeably affected. Also, make sure the bypass lever on your transaxle is actually fully releasing. Make sure your control arm is fully shifting into forward, and reverse positions.