Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a Allegro Bay Rv 1993 with a Onan Generator. Model A

Customer Question

I have a Allegro Bay Rv 1993 with a Onan Generator. Model A OPCI IR/2+6100
Serial no: 11800 834766.
The generator was runnining well. this weeken i tried starting it up. it would run a few minutes and stop, the minute it would come to give electric power.
I changed the oïl, oïl filter and sparkplug.
I plug my electric plug from the RV to my house electricity . Everything run good in the RV.
The genarator starts up well but stops after i stop holding the starter button. to make it continue to run i have to hold the starter continuely.
I checked all my wireing . everything looks normal. I got two starter buttons, one on the generator and the other in the RV. There must be safety that is activated .
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Name is***** cell Phone No is ***********
Email ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
The model number you provided is not a valid model number. Can you please recheck it? The most common cause for a genset to do what yours is, is that it is no longer producing any electricity - although there are other things that can also cause it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the other thing that could cause that problem.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
That depens on what model it is.
.