Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a CC LTX 1045. I was trying to start it the other day

Customer Question

I have a CC LTX 1045. I was trying to start it the other day and it would begin to start but not turn over. I tried to jump it and then when I tried to start it I heard nothing at all.
A day later I tried again and it was back to starting but not turning over. It then when back to doing nothing. When I turn the key I a click coming form the back.
When I turn the key the battery shows 12v on the LCD and then goes down a little. I also changed the spark plug and nothing changed.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I believe you will find that you have a bad starter solenoid. The click you are hearing at the back is the solenoid. I would replace the solenoid and that should take care of your problem.