Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Chainsaw - Sears Craftsman model #358.352320 The saw had

Customer Question

chainsaw - Sears Craftsman model #358.352320
The saw had been sitting for a number of years. I got a carb. rebuilt kit, replaced. Setting the metering valve at what was required (WA type carb.) Fired it up and ran for about 3-5 sec and died. OK, maybe the metering valve was not set correctly. Changed out the fuel line and filter. While I had it opened again, the flywheel, I noticed was loose. Stripped threads on the nut holding the flywheel on. Found another nut, replaced. Once tightened it set tight enough to use the pull cord to crank it. BUT....! I noticed that when it was loose, I had removed it for inspection. The aluminum coating covering the flywheel, parts of it had chipped off. Would this effect the ignition. Also, I noticed that while cranking, fuel line would not fill up completely, leaving air bubbles in the line. You got any suggestions? If the chipped coating on the flywheel is a big factor in getting it to just hit, well, guess replacing would be in order. Do you concur....?
Thanks
Jim
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello you have an oldie there. was the fuel line rotted and broken when you replaced it? Is the groove in the flywheel ok and not widened?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.
If the carb was replaced first and the fuel line was broken it could have sucked in some debris and need cleaned.