Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My Ferris commercial pro cut 61 suddenly started leaking hydraulic

Customer Question

My Ferris commercial pro cut 61 suddenly started leaking hydraulic fluid out the bottom. It appears to come from the area of the connection of the transmission with the drive axle
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  gofastdk replied 1 year ago.
In looking for leak, the cleanest wettest spot is usually where it is coming from. Fittings on the hydraulic lines can start to leak anytime. On some Ferris models the elbow or fittings are replaceable. Sometimes thread tape on the threads of the fitting can repair it. Then some fittings have an o'ring and you can't use thread tape. That is where i've seen leaks on some Ferris Mowers. Seals on the wheel motors also, but if oil is found above that it is most likely a hydraulic line.