Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have quicksilver 7.5kw generator model 09145-3. It will start

Customer Question

I have quicksilver 7.5kw generator model 09145-3. It will start and only runs 3-5 seconds. I disconnect the 85 wire to bypass the low oil ,high coolant & exhaust shutdown switches and replaced the circuit board. What else could shut the engine down.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
The engine control board on this unit must see proper frequency from the AC output to enable the engine to keep running. If the frequency of this unit is out of spec, the engine control board will shut down the unit..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you check the frequency if the engine will not run. I try to turn the pot. all way counter clock wise than all the way clock wise, same result. Runs for 5 seconds and shuts off.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
You said the unit will run for 3 - 5 seconds. That is plenty of time to check the frequency.
.